Prom can be an exciting and significant time in a teenager’s life. It is a milestone event, marking the oncoming of a new chapter while giving much to look forward to for the event itself.
What to wear is often one of the biggest questions for the evening, with many who choose to wear a dress eager to find the perfect fit. While there are indeed many styles of dresses, which come in a variety of styles, colors, and lengths, choosing the right dress can be an exciting part of the prom experience.
5 types of prom dresses
To help you in the choosing process, we’ve compiled a list of some of the most common types of prom dress styles:
- Ballgown: A classic style that features a fitted bodice and a full skirt that flares out at the waist. This style is often made with tulle or organza fabric and can come in a variety of colors.
- Mermaid: A fitted style that flares out at the bottom, resembling a mermaid tail. This style is often made with stretchy fabric to create a figure-hugging silhouette.
- Sheath: A straight, narrow style that skims the body without flaring out. This style can be short or long and is often made with lightweight fabrics such as silk or chiffon.
- Two-piece: A trendy style that features a crop top and a skirt. This style can come in a variety of shapes and lengths, from fitted pencil skirts to full, flowing skirts.
- High-low: A dress that features a shorter hemline in the front and a longer hemline in the back. This style is often made with lightweight fabrics such as chiffon or lace.
When choosing a prom dress, trying on several different styles and sizes will be sure to help you find the perfect fit.