The ICC T20 World Cup 2021 is in full swing, and fans are thrilled. This year’s gala tournament is being held in the United Arab Emirates 12 teams are competing for the prestigious crown, and they are divided into two groups for this competition. In Super 12s, Australia, England, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and the West Indies are all in group 1. Whereas Afghanistan, India, Scotland, Namibia, Pakistan, and New Zealand are in Super 12 Group 2.
In the past T20 World Cups, many notable records were set and broken in the process. Needless to say, the same thing might happen in this year’s competition. After all, some of the best T20 cricketers from across the world are competing. T20 matches have dominated the cricket calendar in recent years, so all players are familiar with the dynamics. That’s why it’s not surprising to see history. In this competition, a variety of historical records are also being set.
However, if you are unable to watch ICC T20 World Cup 2021 then you can use a VPN and access channels like beIN Sports in UK, Optus Sports, Kayo Sports and many others. So now, let’s take a look at the ICC T20 World Cup 2021’s illustrious history. Click here to explore in more details.
- Scotland has become the first side to lose two T20 cricket matches by 130 runs. It lost to South Africa for the first time in 2009, and it lost to Afghanistan for the second time in 2021 by 130 runs.
- Pakistan’s openers scored 152 runs against India in the World Cup match between India and Pakistan on October 24, 2021, which is the most runs scored by any team’s openers against India in any World Cup match.
- In the history of T20 International matches, India has never lost by ten wickets. However, India’s record was also broken after losing 10 wickets to Pakistan on October 24, 2021.
- For the first time, Pakistan defeated India by ten wickets in a match played on October 24, 2021. This is the best record Pakistan has ever had against Team India in any tournament, not only the World Cup.
- Rashid Khan of the Afghanistan team set the record on October 29, 2021, during a T20 match against Pakistan and Afghanistan and became the first bowler to take 100 wickets in the fastest time. Rashid set a new T20 bowling record by capturing 100 wickets in 53 games.
- Afghanistan holds the record for scoring the most runs in an innings. Afghanistan scored 190 runs against Scotland on October 25, 2021, the best score by any side in the series.
- Scotland was defeated by Afghanistan by 130 runs in the ICC T20 World Cup match on the exact match. This is Afghanistan’s most significant T20 victory in terms of runs, and it is the joint second-largest victory in the T20 World Cup.
- Mohammad Rizwan, a Pakistani cricketer, hit 79 runs against India in the T20 World Cup on October 24, 2021. This is Mohammad Rizwan’s best performance against the Indian team.
- On October 24, 2021, India set a new record during the World Cup event by losing two wickets in just 2.1 overs.
- In a match between Pakistan and Namibia, Babar and Rizwan became the first batsmen to reach five hundred in T20 Internationals on November 2, 2021.
Meanwhile, Also Take a Look at the Records that are Expected to be Made & Broken:
- Dwayne Bravo (29) has a chance to beat Tillakaratne Dilshan’s (35) record for most T20 World Cup matches played.
- Rohit Sharma (28) may become India’s most capped player in the competition, surpassing Yuvraj Singh (31) and MS Dhoni (33).
- Shakib Al Hasan (35) has a chance to break Shahid Afridi’s T20 WC wicket record (39).
- Quinton de Kock (11) can pass MS Dhoni (21) for the most catches in the T20 World Cup.
- Chris Gayle (920) has a chance to pass Mahela Jayawardene (1016) for the most runs scored in T20 World Cups.
- Virat Kohli (777) has a chance to reach the 1000-run mark. It’s also possible that he’ll surpass Gayle and Jayawardene.