Hormonal balance is an important part of living a healthy life. If you are not feeling like yourself, it could be due to hormonal imbalance.
There are many ways that women can boost testosterone levels naturally in their bodies without taking supplements or medications. In this article, we’ll go over three natural ways to build more testosterone for women.
What is Testosterone for Women?
Testosterone is a key hormone in the human body that affects many functions including growth and development of primary sex characteristics (breasts), secondary sexual characteristics (facial hair), and reproduction cycles.
As women age, testosterone levels decrease. There are ways to naturally boost your own production of the hormone so that you can feel better and more like yourself again.
Exercise and Lift Weights
Studies have shown that women who lift weights on a regular basis will experience an increase in testosterone levels naturally.
This is not to say that you should start pumping iron if you’ve never picked up a weight before, but it shows us the importance of building lean muscle mass for many reasons including increased testosterone levels.
Here are some ways you can exercise and practice a healthy diet:
- Do squats and deadlifts twice per week (start with just the bar)
- If possible do HIIT workouts once or twice per week
- Increase your protein intake from foods such as chicken, eggs, beef, and legumes
These strategies are great ways to begin boosting your testosterone naturally.
Reduce Cortisol and Stress Levels
Stress has major negative effects on the body including increased cortisol levels.
Cortisol is a stress hormone that can lead to weight gain and other serious health issues when we have too much of it in our bodies.
- Here are some strategies you can implement to reduce your cortisol:
- Try journaling daily for five minutes or less (you could even do this during commercial breaks while watching tv).
- Go outside and get sunlight every day (just take a walk around the neighborhood if you don’t want to exercise).
You’ll be surprised how these two simple practices will help manage your cortisol levels so they don’t wreak havoc with testosterone production in women.
Get Plenty of Sleep Every Night
Studies have shown that women who get at least seven hours of sleep per night have higher testosterone levels than those who don’t.
If you are not getting enough quality rest each night, try these strategies:
- Turn off all technology at least 30 minutes before bedtime (no more blue light exposure)
- Make your bedroom as dark as possible by investing in blackout curtains if needed.
By following the steps outlined above, you can start boosting your testosterone naturally without having to take supplements or medications.
Try implementing one strategy for a few weeks and then adding another once it becomes routine in order to see results faster. Remember consistency is key when trying anything new. You can read more about this topic on our website.
Interested in Learning More?
Having balanced testosterone levels is crucial in both men and women, and these strategies can help you elevate your testosterone for women. To learn more about this subject, continue reading this blog for more helpful articles.