If you are thinking about replacing those old wooden gates and would like to know how to test them for durability, you have come to the right place. Of course, there are many different species of timber and many are suitable for entrance gates. With that in mind, here are a few ways that you can test the durability of your timber gates.
- Use Seasoned Hardwood – This is obviously the hardiest type of wood to use for wooden electric gate repair Los Angeles for the entrance of houses and if the timber is treated and given a protective coating, it will stand the harsh climate. If you would like to view stunning timber gates, a Google search will help you to locate a leading custom gate company in your area; they would have many fine images of previous projects to give you some design inspiration.
- Talk To A Leading Gate Supplier – Such a company would be able to recommend quite a few timber species that are suitable for the climate. There are many special timber preservative coatings that can be applied and you should consult with a wooden automated gates UK manufacturer or a supplier in your country for further information.
- Close Inspection – If you are concerned about the condition of your wooden gates, take a screwdriver and carefully scrape away a little paint to see the condition of the wood. If the coating is compromised, dampness can enter the wood and decay will commence. If this is not addressed, you will need to replace the gates. Any gate company would be happy to come and inspect your gates and if you wanted a quote for electric replacements, they would also be happy to oblige.
- Talking To Other Homeowners – If you can manage to find a property with wooden gates similar to those you are planning to install, you can ask the homeowner how the gates are holding up. Regardless of the timber species, all wood needs to be protected and it might be best to give the gates an annual coat of varnish for added protection.
- Ask For A Professional Opinion – If you are unsure about the condition of your wooden gates, why not ask a leading custom gate company to pop around and take a look? The gates might look fine, as timber damage can commence on the inside and it would only take a few minutes for the technician to give you an answer. Of course, it might be possible for the gates to be repaired, which is a job for the custom gate company.
There’s little to beat the appeal of seasoned hardwood when it comes to entrance gates and with a tailored design that is installed by professionals, you can enjoy state of the art electric timber gates. The point worth noting when looking at timber gates, is the product warranty issued by the maker, which would be at least 10 years, often longer.