For several years now, people have consumed the root of an ancient herb called Ashwagandha to serve various medical purposes. According to the traditional concepts of Ayurveda, this herb is said to be an elixir that serves as a means to rejuvenate and prolong one’s life. Over time, modern medicine has come to classify this herb as a type of adaptogen – a substance that aids in stabilizing psychological processes and promoting homeostasis.
Taking on an orange-red appearance, Ashwagandha, by definition, means “that which smells like a horse” – it was believed that once ground into a fine powder, Ashwagandha could impart both the smell and strength of a horse.
The Ashwagandha herb is primarily found in India and some regions of Africa and the Middle East. Although it is unrelated to the species, Ashwagandha is often referred to as “Indian Ginseng” owing to its soothing properties.
The Ginseng herb is very potent and bears several benefits for the body. Let us dive deeper into the significance of Ashwagandha and how its consumption aids our health.
Health Benefits Of Ashwagandha
- Enhances Brain Function: Research indicates that the supplementation of Ashwagandha is beneficial in mitigating issues caused by injuries to the brain. Apart from getting rid of free radicals, Ashwagandha consumption has also shown to help repair Spatial Memory Impairment symptoms due to its anti-oxidising properties. Regular intake of Ashwagandha was also proven to have a memory-boosting effect among children suffering from insufficient cognitive processing and also reduce the risk of age-related cognitive decline.
- Cures Sterility: Traditionally, the consumption of Ashwagandha was introduced to enhance sexual libido and performance among women and men. Supplementation of Ashwagandha also helps transfer hormones to anabolic hormones like Dehydroepiandrosterone – a precursor to endogenous steroid hormones, and Testosterone by reducing the body’s cortisol levels. A survey conducted among adult men proved that supplementing about 10 gm of Ashwagandha every day helped increase motility and sperm count while increasing testosterone levels.
- Tackles Swelling And Inflammation: Research has indicated that regular Ashwagandha supplementation resulted in decreased inflammation markers, such as C-Reactive Protein. Consumption of Ashwagandha is also beneficial in reducing bad cholesterol, oxidative stress, and triglyceride levels, regulating cardiovascular health.
- Promotes healthy skin: Research has linked Ashwagandha supplementation to be beneficial for skin and nail health. Its antioxidant properties also help reduce ageing signs such as dark spots, wrinkles, blemishes, and fine lines. The alkaloids present in Ashwagandha interact with the body’s nervous system and help ease stress and anxiety – which play a significant role in hair and skin appearance. Ashwagandha supplementation also leads to an increased DHEA production – which is a precursor of both estrogen and testosterone, which is beneficial in boosting collagen generation and natural oil secretion.
- Treats Neurodegenerative Diseases: Clinical trials have proved that Ashwagandha supplementation is beneficial for restricting beta-amyloid plaque formation. It is a lethal substance found in the neuron cells of patients diagnosed with neurodegenerative diseases like Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s. Clinical tests conducted on mice who had Alzheimer’s observed that regular consumption of Ashwagandha helped reduce the number of beta-amyloid plaques, which helped in restoring normal cognitive function in a month.
Why You Should Opt For TrueBasics
Ashwagandha is available in various forms such as blends, capsules, pills, and Ashwagandha powder. While these are somewhat helpful, extracts such as TrueBasics Ashwagandha have the highest concentration, making them more potent. Here’s why you should consider opting for their supplements:
- The most potent form of Ashwagandha: This product contains KSM-66 Ashwagandha – the most bioavailable form of ashwagandha extract, which makes it easier to be absorbed by the body.
KSM-66 extracts contain the most effective concentration of Ashwagandha, which also boosts the effects of its consumption. You can meet your minimum recommended allowance of 700 mg by taking a pill every day before bedtime. The Food And Drug Administration also recognizes KSM-66 Ashwagandha as a Generally Regarded as Safe or GRAS ingredient.
Manufactured through extensive trials and testing:
Several extensive scientific trials and clinical studies have gone behind the manufacturing of TrueBasics Ashwagandha tablets. They have been specially formulated to ensure that you get maximum benefits. All the ingredients used in these supplements undergo various quality and safety testing to make sure that they are safe for consumption. They are also sourced from highly reliable Non-GMO and gluten-free ingredients, which reduces the chances of any adverse effects like allergies.
Taking a small step, such as investing in the right nutritional supplements, can go a long way in building better health for yourself. Explore our wide range of nutritional products such as TrueBasics Ashwagandha products at www.truebasics.com to discover the benefits they offer.