Are you looking forward to a long summer of going for drives, enjoying cross-country road trips and more, but don’t know what to do to make sure your car stays in good shape all season long? Whether you’re already shopping for new headlights and oil filters to help maintain your car’s current condition or you suspect you’ll need to take it into the shop for some repairs, there are several key items you should have on hand that could prove helpful in a pinch. Take a look at the top five car maintenance items that could help your car stay in tip-top shape this summer season!
What Car Parts Need To Be Inspected?
When it comes to maintaining your car in good condition, there are several parts that you may want to inspect. Besides using a VIN decoder and taking your car in for frequent check-ups, you can also take the following steps to help address common issues.
- Your car’s oil filter should be inspected alongside regular oil changes – about every 3,000 miles or so – and should be replaced by the start of the summer season if you plan to take long road trips with your family.
- You may want to purchase backup bulbs for your car’s headlights and tail lights in case they go out unexpectedly during the summer.
- In order to ameliorate mishaps while out on the road and avoid getting stuck waiting for a tow truck, make sure you have jumper cables on hand at all times when heading out for a summertime drive.
- Keep a backup cabin air filter handy, or get your filter changed at the start of the season, in order to purify the air inside your car, keep out potential dirt or allergens and make your driving environment more pleasant.
- Your car is bound to get a little dirty over the course of the summer from all your exciting adventures, so consider getting a vacuum to easily clean and maintain the interior of your vehicle.
Why You Should Change Your Oil Filter
Perhaps one of the most important maintenance items to put at the top of your to-do list this summer is changing your oil filter. If you haven’t changed yours in a while, you may want to swap it out for a fresh one as soon as possible! This task is surprisingly essential in keeping your car as safe and clean as possible for several reasons, including, but not limited to, the following.
- It can act as a preventative measure that can be performed at the same time as an oil change
- It helps keep unwanted and potentially dangerous elements, including dirt and grime, out of your oil
- It plays an important role in keeping these contaminants out of your car’s engine
Keeping your car in safe, usable condition throughout the summer months may involve some extra care and maintenance. Fortunately, you can fix up your car throughout the summer and address small issues as they pop up by keeping these top maintenance items on hand and making sure to take important safety steps such as changing your oil filter. Follow these tips to maintain a well-functioning car all summer long!