Starting a day with a default google account and then signing into multiple others is a good habit. The default account is that account which is signed in for the first. Default accounts may vary based on your device’s operating system and the apps you are using. Different signs in can create a mess but you can change your default google account as it is far easy than ever before. The Google menu also suggests the default account at the top right when you use many sign ins. Simply you can change the default google account via signing out the all other google accounts and then signing back into you default google account. Your default account may vary from device to device for which you need to follow the respective steps. So, if you want to set up the default google account you will have to do it individually on every device.
Change Your Default Google Account:
It is very easy to change your default google account on any device either it is an android or PC. You should only need a few minutes and steps to follow to set your default google account. You can set a default google account by following the simple method described in this article.
- First of all, go to mail.google.com on your phone or PC and log in first. Then click on the top right located icon of your profile picture on the screen.
- Sign out of this account as well as other multiple Gmail accounts that you ever have signed in before.
- Now, sign back into the google account which you want to set as your default account and then sign back into another one of your accounts.
- To check either your desired account has been set as the default you should press the icon of profile picture present on the top right corner of the screen. It will list an email address and under that in parenthesis it should say default.
- Select your profile picture on the top right again and select “add account” in the menu and use your personal information to sign into the account you want to use.
This process will not bother anyone who uses a single Google account but it can be valuable for those who want to use multiple Gmail accounts either official or personal. Switching one google account as the default account will save your time and energy. You can also save your credentials and can change your google account with single click. You can also use some more tips to change your google account with ease and can save your time.
- Use a different profile picture for different google account.
- Use a browser incognito mode to take temporary access to your google account.
- Log into your google account according to your priority order when you sit down for work for easy switching. After completing your work close all tabs for the accounts you don’t want. In this way, you can switch anytime without signing in till you log out.
- Manage the sharing privileges for folders and files you frequently use between two accounts. You may not need to open the two accounts with edit permissions on a shared folder or file.
- The option of Google backup and Sync, permits you to sign in with three accounts only. So, select the preferred account and modify location of the google drive folder for each so that they do not intermingle.
- Use distinct chrome profiles for distinct google accounts. For example, you may like to run personal and official accounts with different set of extensions.
- Use a chrome extension such as session Box to sign into different websites with distinct google sign ins.
- For retrieving important emails, from one Gmail account to another you should set up the email forwarding.
- The extensions of “Gmail Label Sharing” permit you to share Gmail labels for multiple accounts.
- Uncheck the “Stay signed in option to prevent the automatic log ins and be more careful for the google account you use.
Either you are using android, windows or Mac computer you should be happy to know that the process of “changing your default google account” is same for every device. It is because you use google through a browser on every system. Google uses to a new window by using your default account and set the first log in as your default account that is why you have to sign out all the accounts first to change your default google account. Thus, you sign back to get the job done and similarly can sign in to multiple other google accounts without creating a mess to your new set up.