Nigeria is Africa’s top eCommerce market. The 2018 UN CTAD Report Nigeria was Africa’s largest eCommerce country. Nigeria is an excellent place to expand your online business.
The first step in sending goods or services to Nigeria is to find the lowest shipping cost. It is not always easy. Although it can be difficult to find a reliable, affordable courier in Africa, this is one of the most important factors that can make all the difference.
Shipping costs from Nigeria are affected by many factors.
- Time for delivery
- Dimensions and weight of the package
- Tracking insurance options
- Import duties & taxes
When is it best to ship to Nigeria?
When shipping to Nigeria, the most important thing to consider is the time it takes to transit. It takes longer to ship items from Nigeria than from other countries. Shipping costs are on the rise because of this.
Shipping to Nigeria is affected by two factors.
- Choose the company to ship your parcels
- The shipping company offers a variety of delivery options.
Depending on which shipping method you choose, the shipping process to Nigeria can take anywhere from 6 to 12 business days. To expedite the shipping, there is an additional charge.
USPS First Class International is the preferred shipping method. It takes between 10-12 business days to complete and costs less than $25 DHL eCommerce Packet Priority (30 for the largest size or weight) can be delivered quicker if you need it sooner. DHL Express Worldwide is faster but more expensive than $80. You can only ship packages weighing less than 4 pounds.
No matter the courier or destination country, it is better to wait longer for a cheaper item. If you’re willing to wait, there is still the possibility of receiving cheaper shipping to Nigeria.
Shipping to Nigeria: Cost
Distance and delivery times can affect shipping to Nigeria.
- If your package is more expensive, the cost will go up. But don’t fret! You can transport lightweight packages by parcels on a scale. You can ship any size or shape package at a reduced price by using this method.
- Packaging Materials: Use standard sizes. Special materials may increase the cost of packages that are unique in shape and size. If you can, choose regular-sized boxes or rectangular shapes.
Nigerian customs duties and taxes
Import taxes and duties are applicable to all imports. Some countries don’t need to pay fees. Use our Tax and Duty Calculator Nigeria to determine if you will be subject to duties.
Tips to lower shipping costs
The most important aspect of eCommerce is shipping. Shipping is more than just receiving low shipping costs. It’s important to understand the needs of your clients so that you can simplify the shipping process. These are some tips to help you ship Nigerian goods as cheaply as possible and as smoothly as is possible.
- Notify your courier if you have fragile items. Notify your courier before shipping fragile items. This could lead to additional shipping costs, but it is better than having damaged products delivered right to their doorstep.
- Customers have the option of many shipping options. Customers can choose the best option, whether it is faster delivery, more insurance, or a cheaper alternative such as RoRo Shipping.
- Be sure to weigh all your packages accurately. What are you going to get? To release the box, you may be charged additional fees.
- Before you send your first package, make sure you know the customs regulations for the country you are shipping it from.
- It can be hard to keep track of shipping costs and delivery times. You can compare different courier companies to find the best option for you and your customers. It is possible to find the best deal or the lowest price.
- It is essential to calculate taxes and duties in order to provide transparency and inform customers about shipping costs. It is an essential obligation that you have to fulfill. This will allow you to maintain your market competitive edge.
- Automating Shipping is a popular topic if you want to increase your profit margins. Easyship allows you to see the shipping costs and live estimates when you order. This will help you drive more sales.
Check more information on infiniterounds