There is “designer speak” and then there is “client speak”. So when the client is asking for something the designer interprets it using designer speak. This could lead to a very disgruntled client.
That is why prototypes are made. Prototypes are easy-to-create versions of the final product. This will allow you to test the functions of the UI/UX. Clients can also pitch in with design changes before you’ve already spent 100 hours on one element.
88% of online shoppers claim they won’t return to a website if the experience is bad. So it is paramount that the UX is well-designed.
To eliminate all chances for errors, you need a foolproof prototyping tool. In this article, let’s talk about the following best prototyping tools for UI/UX designers.
- Adobe XD
- Axure RP
7 Best Prototyping Tools for 2022
This is an online real-time workspace that helps remote teams stay on track. InVision has different products for various teams like Marketing, Design, or Product. By having the exact toolset you need, your work will zoom by.
InVision has three products called Freehand, Integrations, and Spaces.
- Freehand is a collaborative canvas. It has hundreds of templates that you can start your prototype. This quickens the handover time.
- Spaces help to consolidate all of your team communication. It has a complete inbox view that lets you access all the comments made on a canvas. This will help you make the proper edits.
- You can integrate all the other tools you use into InVision. You can embed editable Google Docs and Kanban Tools. This will help avert any lags in your team.
This is a free UI prototyping tool. The paid version starts at $4/user billed annually.
This is a drag-and-drop editor that works for both web and mobile app prototypes. You can start with just a wireframe and develop it into an interactive prototype with this tool.
The tool gives you access to mobile gestures and web interactions. So you can build a unique user experience.
- You can build responsive prototypes with this tool. You can auto-resize UI components which decreases the burden on the designer.
- Justinmind also has a vector designing tool. You can design high-quality icons and export them to any format you need. The tool also integrates with popular editing software like Photoshop.
- Testing your UX is as important as designing it. Hire UI/UX developers who prioritize validating design assumptions. Justinmind has a tool where you can test UX assumptions on real users.
Justinmind has a free version with the necessary features for UI/UX designing. The paid product starts at $9 per user/month billed annually.
This tool can help you save one hour per day by facilitating productivity. Mockplus has powerful visualization which comes in handy when you’re working on getting minute details right.
You can also bring both the developers and the clients into one platform. So if there are any additional requirements, the workflow won’t get disrupted.
- UX designers can build scalable and reusable elements with Mockplus DS. The tool has a large UI library with customizable icons.
- The tool helps you create a prototype identical to the product. So you can test all the interactions that’ll appear on the live product.
- Mockplus Cloud helps you streamline your complete workflow. You can easily share the progress with other teammates.
The basic tool is free to use. But it has certain limitations. The pro plan costs $5.95/user and is billed annually.
Sketch is a beginning to end collaborative tool. It is one of the best UX design firm. You can ideate and plan your projects with this tool. You can also build interactive elements and develop your project till completion.
Sketch allows you to collaborate in real-time. So multiple designers can work on the same page without any disturbances. This is a native Mac App. So you can’t use it with a Windows or Linux OS.
- There is a flexible vector editor that allows you to create a design from scratch. You can also edit existing vectors with pixel-level precision.
- You can design with customizable presets on Sketch. This makes the designing process quick. You can also scale your projects to any screen size.
- You can share your workspace with anyone and limit their permission on your projects. You can also sync your libraries with other collaborators.
This prototyping tool has a 30 day free trial period. After that, the pricing starts at $9/user per month.
- Adobe XD
This is one of the most popular prototyping and animation tools. Adobe XD emphasises the ability to create realistic 3-D designs. You can make your interface responsive with this tool. You can design Web pages, Apps, and Games with this tool.
- You can create reusable and resizable icons. And you can sync the icons or buttons across all your designs.
- Adobe XD makes it easy to create interactions. The animation and swipe features are easy to use and execute.
- Adobe XD also has voice prototyping. This enables you to create voice commands and speech playbacks. This adds another layer of interaction to your website.
You can access a 7-day free trial. After that, the tool costs $9.99 per month.
UXPin is a prototyping tool that helps you design with code. So UI/UX designers should have at least basic coding knowledge. But coding gives you the ability to take your designs to the next level and customize them endlessly.
- UXPin is a one-solution tool. You can ideate and create UI mockups from wireframes. You can start designing from built-in libraries to save time.
- You can also include the clients in the prototype. So it’s easier to gather comments and get a design idea approved.
- UXPin integrates with Sketch. So you can import all your designs and vectors easily.
The pricing starts at $19/editor per month. You can also get a free trial for all the product versions.
- Axure RP
This tool lets you build realistic UX design prototypes. You can add conditions and logic to your prototype to make the interface personalized.
There is also an Axure Cloud. This tool helps you share prototypes securely and receive comments on them. The tool also integrates with MS Teams and Slack.
- The tool has a drag-and-drop editor. So you can create dynamic working forms in just a few clicks.
- You can create responsive designs with Axure. The tool lets you make a design adaptive on a single page.
- The tool creates automated redlines, design assets, and CSS inspection. So it’s easy for the testing team to inspect your design.
The tool gives you a 30-day free trial. The product starts at $25per user/month.
Eliminating errors is the best way to hand over a project on time. And for hat, you need a good prototyping tool in your arsenal. Choose one that suits your team’s size and the type of projects you handle.