Manga is characterized by its quirky art styles, complex plots, and distinctive composition. Comic books have a long history in Japan and have become increasingly popular in different countries. In the West, manga is most popular among the young adult audience that appreciates the unique artwork and experimental stories that the medium has to offer.
If you’re planning to start reading manga, this article is for you! This article will teach you everything you need to know to become a manga artist. From the history of graphic novels, manga books, to the different art styles, this guide will help you discover your own artistic voice and develop your skills as a manga creator.
What is manga?
Manga is a Japanese genre of comics that is sometimes called “whimsical” or “cute” comics. The word “manga” comes from the Japanese pronunciation of “man-gah”
Manga is characterized by its unique art styles, real-life plots, and one-of-a-kind writing style. The genre has a long history in Japan and has become increasingly popular in every corner of the planet. In the West, manga is most popular among a young adult audience that appreciates the unique artwork and experimental stories that the medium has to offer.
How to draw in manga books?
Manga is created using a wide variety of techniques and drawing styles. Although many mangas are based on comics in Japan, they can represent any culture or time frame. The art of manga can be broken down into two parts: “How to draw manga” and “How to make your own manga universe.”
Different manga art styles
Manga is characterized by its unique art style and use of artistic devices to tell its stories. The different art styles that are found in manga can be divided into two main categories: “flat” and “three-dimensional.”
- Flattening the page: One of the most important elements of any manga is the layout. The artist uses panels, scenes, and page composition to tell a complete and interesting story. One of the most common art styles in the manga is “flattening the page.” In flattening the page, the artist uses only two-dimensional panels and uses perspective to invent a feeling of depth. This is the most common art style in Western comics as well.
- 3Dimensional: Another common technique in the manga is to add dimension to the artwork using 3D elements. When used effectively, 3D elements can greatly enhance a story by adding atmosphere and creating a more interesting world for the characters to inhabit.
How to make your own manga universe
If you’re looking to get into manga, this article is for you! This article will teach you everything you need to know to become a manga artist. From the history of the genre to the different art styles, this guide will help you discover your own artistic voice and develop your skills as a creator.
- What is a setting? Settings, in the context of a story, are the backgrounds, locations, and events that which a story is set in. Themes can also have a setting, as in the case of “themes of tyranny and rebellion.”
- What is a plot? A plot is a series of events that take place over the course of a story. The plot can be as simple as “I want to be stronger, so I train every day,” or it can be as complex as an “epic” story with multiple character arcs.
- How do you make a set? One of the most important aspects of any story is the setting. The setting determines what kind of planet your characters exist on and how they relate to the universe around them.
- Make a mood: The mood of your setting decides what kind of story your characters will tell. For example, if you want to tell the story of two lovers who live in a post-apocalyptic universe, you’ll want to make a mood that reflects a universe that is heavily influenced by it.
- Draw a setting: Once you have a mood and idea of a setting, the process of creating a setting is fairly simple. Begin by imagining a location in your setting and then sketching it out on paper. From there, you can flesh out your setting by adding details like light sources, furniture, and other items that you see in the location.
- Add detail: When you’re satisfied with your setting, it’s time to add some detail! Begin by drawing the major objects that you see in the setting and then add the smaller objects like books on tables and lamps on desks.
- Add mood: Finally, add the mood and atmosphere that you imagined when you created the setting. Think of what the character’s clothing, actions, and expressions would be like in this universe and draw those things too!
How to write a manga script
As with any other creative medium, the best way to learn how to write a manga script is to study examples and practice on your own. Here are some tips for creating your own manga script.
- What is a script? A script is a narrative framework that guides your story from beginning to end. It’s the Manga equivalent of a comic book’s “script” or “plot outline” and should be clear, concise, and free of detail that can be filled in later.
- Start simple: The best way to start writing your own manga script is by creating a simple story that you know will be easy to complete. Start with a one- or two-page story and then expand it as you learn what you need to make a complete narrative.
- Use sequential art: One of the best ways to learn how to write a manga script is by reading and studying examples. The easiest way to do this is to use a sketchbook or some other medium that lets you draw and write in sequential order.
- Outline your plot: Once you have a basic idea for your story, it’s time to outline your plot. Outline your plot using a simple one- or two-pager as you did when you created your first draft of the script.
- Follow the beats: When you outline your plot, pay close attention to the beats. These are the moments in your story that make dramatic tension and set up your Climax. For example, in the middle of a Climax, a character might say or do something that breaks the tension and creates a new one.
- Add pages: You’re almost done! Now it’s time to add the actual pages that tell your story. Use the outline that you created as a guide and flesh out your pages fully before you begin drawing them.
Submit your artwork in Mangago
Mangago is a free site where you can post your artwork. The site welcomes aspiring manga creators on posting their works. They require no registration and no need to subscribe to their site. They potentially have over a million visitors per week. It’s a site where you can share your work with people living in Japan and across countries. The comic books contained on their site are distributed in their respective genres. They have a variety of genres such as action, adventure, romance, mystery, love, coming of age, and so much more. They contain thousands of content coming from both new manga creators and well-known mangakas. They prioritize the experience that they can offer to their users.
- Mangaowl is a genre of comic book in Japan that is sometimes called “whimsical” or “cute” comics.
- The word “manga” comes from the Japanese pronunciation of “man-gah.”
- Manga is characterized by its quirky art styles, complex plots, and distinctive composition. The genre has a long history in Japan and has a rapidly growing multi-billion company.
- In the West, manga is most popular among a young adult audience that appreciates the unique artwork and experimental stories that the medium has to offer.
- Manga has also been translated into different languages like English.