Your question: “How to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android?” The answer: It’s easy, and we’ll show you several ways to do this. Moving your WhatsApp chat history from one device to another is relatively simple, but there are certain things you need to do in order to set this up. This article covers different ways to backup whatsapp messages.
Part 1: The Best Way to Transfer All WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android (and Android to iPhone)
Let’s start with the best way possible: using desktop software. Wondershare Dr.Fone – WhatsApp Transfer. This PC and Mac software application is a suite of tools to help you manage your mobile devices on a desktop interface. The WhatsApp transfer module allows you to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone, iPhone to Android, Android to Android, and iPhone to iPhone without the risk of losing any important chat threads or messages with any of your contacts. In other words, it is one of the most comprehensive WhatsApp transfer, backup, and restore tools available on the market today.
Key Features of Dr.Fone – WhatsApp Transfer
- Transfer WhatsApp chats from one mobile device to another
- Backup your WhatsApp data to your PC
- Restore your PC-stored WhatsApp backup to any mobile device
- Execute these same tasks for WhatsApp Business accounts
- Backup chat history from other messaging platforms such as Viber, Kik, Line, and WeChat
How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android with Dr.Fone – WhatsApp Transfer
Dr.Fone’s software is a one-click solution to transfer WhatsApp chats and media from one mobile device to another. It is a desktop utility that acts as an interface between the two mobile devices in question. If you want to learn how to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android, this is definitely the safest and fastest way to do it.
1. Install and launch Dr.Fone on your desktop.
2. In the main welcome window, click the WhatsApp Transfer option.
3. Connect the two devices to the computer using their original charging cables.
4. Click WhatsApp in the left sidebar panel and then click Transfer WhatsApp Messages in the main panel.
5. If your devices are connected properly, you will see them on your screen. The source device should be on the left side; you can use the Flip icon in the center to interchange their positions.
6. Click Transfer to move all your messages into the target device. When prompted about the messages being deleted from the source device, confirm the action.
That’s it! Your WhatsApp messages will now be available in the new device. This is the most secure and convenient way to answer the ‘how to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone’ question, or vice versa. Let’s look at a few other ways to do this.
Part 2: Other Ways to Transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone
Method 1: Using an Email ID
This method involves sending your WhatsApp chats to an email ID as an export rather than transferring them. It works this way:
1. Launch WhatsApp on your source Android device.
2. Go to the contact whose chat history you would like to email to yourself.
3. Tap the three vertical dots on the top-right corner and select Email Chat under it.
4. Sign in to your email account and send the email before moving to the final step.
5. On the target iPhone or iPad, open your email app and you’ll see the exported chat history in your inbox, from where you can download it.
Although this method is relatively simple, you can’t use this process for multiple chats or the entire chat history for all contacts. It will be a tedious and time-consuming process that you can avoid by using Dr.Fone – WhatsApp Transfer.
Method 2: Using WhatsApp Backup Feature
With this method, you can transfer WhatsApp chats, attachments, and media to another device that’s running the same operating system as the first device. This means iOS to iOS or Android to Android, and we’ll tell you why cross-transfers are not possible using WhatsApp backups.
1. Launch WhatsApp on the source device and tap through to go to Settings → Chat Settings → Backup Conversations.
2. Doing the above action will create a backup file in the Google Drive account linked to that device.
3. Remove the SIM and insert it into the target device.
4. Authenticate the account as usual and log in. When you tap Continue, WhatsApp will show you a list of available backups.
5. Tap the one you want to retrieve and then tap the ‘Restore’ option to import the chats to the new device.
Note: The process is essentially the same for Android and iOS devices, but the steps to get to the backup and restore it may be slightly different on each platform depending on the version of the OS you’re using.
The reason this doesn’t work across different OSes is that each provider stores the backup in a different location. For Android, it’s Google Drive; for iOS, it’s iCloud. Since these two cloud platforms aren’t directly connected, transferrifng data between them is not possible in the context of WhatsApp messages.
Why Dr.Fone – WhatsApp Tansfer?
We’ve already seen that Dr.Fone provides the easiest and quickest way to transfer WhatsApp messages between iPhone and Android, but there are also several other reasons.
- Secure environment – Since you’re not uploading any information to the cloud, your data remains safe during the transfer. It moves from your source device to the target device using your desktop as the intermediary.
- Slick Interface – The user-friendly interface of the Dr.Fone utility allows you to do complex tasks with just one or two clicks of your mouse, making it ideal for beginners who have zero experience with this type of operation.
- Works on WhatsApp Business – Even WhatsApp Business accounts can have their chat histories transferred to another device, which helps smaller businesses transition to a new number without losing the entire chat history with customers.
- Wide Range of Capabilities – Moreover, Dr.Fone goes beyond WhatsApp Transfers to give you a full palette of mobile device and data management tools including system repair, data backup and recovery, device unlocking, full phone transfer, password recovery, data eraser, and more.
- High Accuracy and Speed – The best part about using Dr.Fone is the high level of accuracy and speed when performing complicated operations. You’ll notice that all your WhatsApp communication is always transferred completely without any missing chats or media files. And even large transfers are done in seconds without the need for high-speed Internet, which is required for most other methods.
Dr.Fone – WhatsApp Transfer is a versatile utility that helps you quickly switch phones and retain your WhatsApp data without any hassles or complications. One of the biggest advantages of using this software is that it’s ideal for beginners and pros alike. The self-explanatory features, natural flow of processes, on-screen instructions, and wide range of abilities makes it a must-have utility for any mobile device owner who wants to keep their data safe and manageable at all times.