We also overlook the importance of proper health care in today’s world, where everyone is busy. Our bodies are continuously at risk of developing illnesses that can be life-threatening as a result of rising pollution levels and an unhealthy lifestyle.
Regular health check-ups are critical in this situation because they help to detect any early signs of potential health problems before they become a problem. Early detection increases the likelihood of receiving the appropriate treatment promptly and without complications.
Many factors influence how often health check-ups are needed, including age, health, family history, and lifestyle choices. If you need to get a lab test for any reason, City X-ray in Tilak Nagar offers great medical checks and lab tests at extremely affordable rates.
What are the benefits of regular health check-ups?
There are various benefits of regular health check-ups. It helps you
- Determine the probability of future medical problems.
- Early detection of potentially life-threatening health conditions improves the chances of effective treatment and cure.
- Reduce the risk of complications by keeping a close eye on current conditions.
- Increase your lifespan and your health.
- By avoiding expensive medical services, you can save money on healthcare over time.
- Encourages you to live a healthier lifestyle
What to expect at a health check-up?
- Clinical history: At each health check-up, the doctor will update your medical record, including cholesterol levels, blood pressure, BMI, immunizations, and so on, for future reference.
- Illnesses in your family history: The doctor will ask about diseases that run in your family.
- All previous prescriptions and medical procedures, such as surgeries, will be reviewed by the doctor.
- Working styles, living conditions, and work-life balance, and other important lifestyle information.
- Use of recreational drugs, smoking, and sexual habits or any other habits.
- normal body functions such as sleeping, bowel movements, hearing, vision, and so on.
What to Consider When Choosing A Diagnostic Lab
Who is drawing your blood
Phlebotomy (blood drawing) is a multistep procedure that affects the quality of the specimen, making it critical for avoiding laboratory errors, patient injury, and even death.
According to the World Health Organization, even checking the location of a vein with a finger before inserting a needle increases the risk of contamination. This can lead to erroneous blood culture results, a longer stay in the hospital, a delayed diagnosis, and the overuse of antibiotics.
The way your sample is being treated
Because anything from using the wrong needle gauge to collecting blood to jostling and jarring sample tubes after collection or in transit may break red blood cells, resulting in incorrect laboratory results, sample handling is as important as the analysis process.
Wrongly documented patient information or incorrect directions were given to the patient for preparation by the sample collection staff may lead to complications and influence the reports.
An estimate places pre-analytical lab errors to accommodate 70% of all errors in a diagnostic lab.
How a sample is treated from the time it is taken to when it gets into the lab plays a crucial role. Labs like City X-ray in Tilak Nagar are extremely careful of how each sample is handled, from ensuring the right temperature is maintained throughout to how it is transported, everything is taken care of.
Every day, diagnostics technology advances, resulting in better quality assurance and shorter test results turnaround times. Better technologies are better equipped to handle the burden of modern diseases such as tuberculosis, thyroid disease, diabetes, and so on. Check which technology is appropriate for the tests recommended by your doctor before selecting a diagnostic lab. You may inquire with your doctor to check for which labs have this equipment.
Check for the clinic’s accreditation
The Indian Medical Council recently advised diagnostic laboratories to have an MBBS doctor on board to certify their test reports, rather than a normal lab technician or even a pathology M.Sc./P.hD holder.
In India, diagnostic labs are not required to obtain accreditation from NABL or any other reputable body to ensure the quality of their services. Many labs in both the organized and unorganized sector are yet to get their labs accredited.
When a laboratory is accredited by a reputable accreditation body, it means that it has demonstrated technical and personnel competence in performing various types of tests, measurement, and calibration activities. Accreditation, also known as a certificate, certifies that a laboratory is capable of reporting results that are accurate, traceable, and reproducible – all of which are important qualities in decision making. Ensure that you check for these factors with a lab assistant, before you decide which diagnostic lab you want to choose.
When choosing a diagnostic lab, the cost is also an important factor to consider. City X-ray, Tilak Nagar offers great prices on all their tests and also qualifies for most of the prerequisites mentioned above. If you’re looking for a diagnostic test, book a consultation today!