Filmora and iMovie are two of the greatest video editing software. Both of them let you edit the various aspects of a video with ease. Due to this, it becomes a bit difficult to choose any one of them. So, here we will do a detailed comparison between Filmora and iMovie to find out which software out of them is better. For this, we will analyze their various aspects along with prices. But before heading to that comparison, let’s get an overview of them:
Introduction To iMovie and Wondershare Filmora
Apple iMovie is an application that is used for the editing and compilation of videos over the Mac operating system as well as iOS. Due to its highly extensive features, it is also considered to be one of the most prominent Camtasia alternatives. It comes with excellent tools for the editing of videos along with other tasks such as movie trailers, soundtrack addition. It lets the users create 4K and HEVC quality videos.
Features of iMovie:
The major features that you may find with iMovie video editing software are:
- IMovie comes with a large number of built-in features such as overlays, filters, titles, texts, motions, graphics, etc.
- Other features and modes such as picture-in-picture mode, green screen mode, Split screen, etc. make its accessibility easier.
- It comes with a variety of keyboard shortcuts that make it easy and quick for the user to do tasks such as moving on to the next frame, moving to the previous frame, jumping forward, etc.
- You can share the movie or trailer created by you across devices such as Apple TV, Mac, or iPhone.
- You can add audio, edit it, cut it and change its volume or length, and do all types of editing of audio in the video.
- It comes with a wide variety of themes and templates which allow you to customize your video according to your like.
- Other features such as people detection, background noise reduction, trimmer, etc. prove to be quite useful while editing videos on iMovie.
Wondershare Filmora is one of the widely used screen recorder and movie editor software. Its usage ranges from video capturing to video editing and on to video-sharing as well. It helps the users to record and create 4k HD quality videos that can be streamed and shared on various platforms. Through the Wondershare coupon code, you can get it at affordable prices.
It comes with a wide variety of tools such as text editor, scene detection, audio equalizer, noise removal, and many more which make it one of the most widely preferred applications by people from different professions.
- Filmora comes with a large variety of in-built filters, overlays, transitions, and custom titles, which help to make your videos more dynamic.
- With its help, you are given the chance to work on up to 100 video tracks simultaneously so that you can create ultimate movies and videos.
- It comes with advanced audio editing features that include background noise removal, audio equalizer, keyframe, etc. which enhance the quality of your audio too.
- Filmora is filled with great tools such as blending modes, layering clips, backgrounds of various themes, and Chroma-key as well.
- It has features like professional color correction, proxy workflow, correction for fisheye and camera shake, etc. which make it quite preferable to the professionals.
We have read about the features that both iMovie and Filmora provide to their users. Now we will make some points of comparison among the two so that you can decide easily which one is the better option for you.
Differences Between iMovie And Wondershare Filmora
There are lots of differences that you may find between iMovie and Filmora. The major ones out of them are:
As we have read above, iMovie is an app that is specifically designed for Mac OS and iOS only. It can work on any Apple device but is not available for any other type of device.
Wondershare Filmora on the other hand comes with versions for Windows OS, Linux, UNIX, androids as well as Mac OS, which means that its scope is wide.
When we talk about iMovie, it has been launched in the market as a free app for all Apple users. In fact, people who have bought apple products after October 2010 have iMovie pre-installed on their devices for free.
Filmora on the other hand is a paid software. It comes with a one-time fee that is used for purchasing its license, which starts from $69.99. Thus it is not much preferred by apple users. However, applying video editing coupons can help you to save money on it.
IMovie provides its users support in case of any query through the medium of Email, phone calls, and even by raising tickets.
However, Filmora offers support to its customers in the form of live support which is available 24×7. Other modes of support include Email and raising tickets.
Ease of use
Just like almost all other Apple applications, iMovie is an easy-to-use software that is developed keeping in mind the usability of beginners. Thus people from all stages of professionalism or newbies can easily use it. Also, its interface is clean and not much haphazard so that the users do not get confused.
Wondershare Filmora is amazingly easy-to-use software. It is mostly used by professionals worldwide to create great pieces of work.
In this regard, however, an apple user will surely prefer iMovie while a non-apple user can go for Filmora for the same purposes.
The Bottom Line
Thus we have seen that both Filmora, as well as iMovie, come with amazing features and an easy user interface. However, the major difference between them is the compatibility with various devices. Elsewise, there are many similarities between the two. Thus, based on your needs, you can easily choose the better option for yourself.