How do I Сheck my Vehicle's History

If you have recently passed your driving test with flying colours by choosing a driving test cancellations to book your test, it won’t be long before your thoughts turn to acquiring your very first set of wheels, which comes at a price. Aside from the obvious cost of the vehicle itself, there are considerable running expenses, not to mention servicing, which is an essential aspect of running a car. Another essential requirement is car insurance and there are many different policies available, which means some serious research is needed.

Comprehensive Vehicle Insurance (Class 1)

The best policy is car insurance type 1 from a leading Thai insurance broker, which would cover you for every eventuality and the online broker can secure the lowest premiums. Class 1 insurance is compulsory when you buy a new car on finance, as the vehicle is owned by the finance company until the final payment is made. It is standard practice for the dealership to offer the first year of class 1 insurance as an incentive to purchase a new car, which is a considerable amount to save.

Class 2 Vehicle Insurance

This is suitable for a car that is 3-5 years old and covers all damage to 3rd party vehicles, while also covering medical expenses for the driver and any passengers that might be injured due to an accident. The personal property of driver/passengers is also covered to a degree, while 24/7 roadside assistance can be arranged at a slightly higher premium. Some brokers offer class 2+ car insurance, which is as close to class 1 as you can get, but at a cheaper cost. Here is an informative article about spark plugs, which are essential components in every petrol engine vehicle. If you are unsure which policy if the most suitable, the broker staff would be happy to advise you on every aspect of vehicle insurance.

Class 3 Vehicle Insurance

Commonly known as 3rd party fire & theft, class 3 insurance is best suited for a car that is between 5-15 years old and this cover stretches to all 3rd party vehicle damage, while offering limited medical costs for the driver. Some experienced drivers opt for class 3 insurance, as they have been driving for years and rarely make a claim, which does reduce the premium slightly. In Thailand, as with most countries, you need a minimum of class 3 insurance to drive on the roads, plus your Por Or Bor insurance, which is paid when you pay road tax.

Read the Small Print

The last thing you need is to discover that your policy doesn’t cover windscreen damage, or worse, you forgot to renew your policy. It is always advisable to read the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, which avoids issues later. In the event your car is damaged, the policy might cover the cost of renting a hire car for a few days. It is easy to simply assume that everything is covered and go ahead without reading the small print, yet this could result in a nasty shock, should you ever make a claim on the policy.

Protecting you and your Vehicle

With the right insurance policy, you and your car are protected and should you ever need to make a claim, the process should be a smooth and uneventful one. There is an emergency number on the windscreen sticker that you should call if involved in an accident and whether you have class 1 or class 3 insurance, the rep should be with you in a short time and they will handle the process of dealing with other parties.

If you buy a new car in Thailand, the dealer will handle the vehicle registration and when buying a used car, you need to meet the seller at the Land Transport Office where the paperwork can be completed.

If you are happy with the service you receive, most drivers renew their policy without thinking to compare premiums and with Google at your service, it is easy to compare vehicle insurance quotes. Taking the time to check various quotes could save you money and we are all looking for ways to save money.

Leave a Reply